Appreciation Thread: Cougars
First, I am not an ageist -- I am an intellectualist. I am looking for stimulating conversation, challenging perspectives, and an arousingly good time. If you read the "LR: Threesome with a Lesbian Couple," you'll notice that these women are extremely intelligent, articulate, and mentally mature. Only 21, yet very self-aware and intellectually expressive. Unfortunately, I've also met 40 year olds as mentally and emotionally stunted as 16 year old.
No matter her age, I freely admit that I'd like to be with a woman smarter than me. The problem is that there are so few that even come close...
Second, the definition of a cougar is simple: A cougar is a woman with a boyfriend or boytoy at least 10 years her junior. That's all.
This could mean she's 38 and he's 28, or even 28 and 18. If the definition implies that the woman is owning her sexuality and, gasp, pursuing her interest, I'm all for it. I remind you that the key to a satisfying relationship (no matter what ages are involved) is respect, reciprocity, and mutual pursuit. The complementary energy of each partner must always balance. This leads to lust, not obligation, every time.
Most women that are comfortable with their sexuality would have no trouble with being playfully called a cougar. Many embrace it, embody it, and find it to be an enhancing and empowering aspect of their identity. If you have trouble with the emotions certain words evoke -- like slut -- it may be time to update your morals.
I love cougars. I think every self-respecting, sexually aware man should give them a try.
Here's what I like most:
1. I like your independence. You’ve got your career together and I admire your success and status. You probably got a starter marriage out of the way already. Hopefully you learned a lot from that experience. So now you have more freedom to enjoy a man that's confident, capable, and ready to open you into pure bliss.
2. I like your straight-forward honesty. If you're interested in marriage and kids -- you say it. If you're looking for a lifetime partner or a live-in partner -- you say it. If this is not what you want -- you say it. There’s no pretext or games.
3. I like making your friends envious. They tell you we won’t last. They call you foolish. Secretly, they envy your freedom whenever they see you so happy and glowing. Do you tell your girlfriends sexual details? Have you told them our shared desire to pleasure them as well?
4. I love your life experience. You’re confident, alluring, sophisticated, and classy. You are a competent flirt and can hold an intelligently humorous conversation. I love that you keep fit and dress so sexy. And you always come prepared with condoms, candles, and chilled wine...
5. Don't even get me started with sexual experience. You’ve already led a wild life and have honed your imaginative techniques. You know your body and you know what you want in bed. You're full of skillful sexual secrets of which young girls have no clue...
6. Oh and sexual enthusiasm. It must feel incredible to be at you sexual peak. It must be nice to be with someone so full of stamina and ever-ready equipment. Someone that can match your excitement, passion and relaxed confidence. I love that you declare what you like, but are equally eager to let me lead you into uncharted sexual territory...
7. Plus there's the taboo factor. There’s a persistent double standard: Our society condones older men hooking up with much younger girls, but an outspoken cougar “preying” on young men is frowned upon. We both get a rush by breaking social barriers, putting the opinions of others aside, and relentlessly going after specifically what we want...
Free-willed and free-thinking,