Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Speed Dating Story

I heard this story about some community guys that decided to try Speed Dating. You know, one of those events where you talk to a bunch of singles, but you only get like eight minutes with each...

So all these guys from the local lair show up and they’re chatting with each other about the lines they are going to use and how they are going to “display higher value.” Meanwhile, the girls are all hanging out together – on the other side of the room – talking about their new vibrators or whatever. So it looks like a middle school dance or something – all this sexual tension – but the genders willingly separating themselves. Everyone is just waiting for the host; just waiting for the leader to tell them what to do.

Suddenly, in walks this man. He’s as well-dressed as anyone else and there’s nothing special about his looks. When he enters the room, he stops, smiles, and lets everyone notice him. Then, he confidently and deliberately walks right up to the hottest girl, passionately looks her in the eyes and said “I think you’re sexy, and I just had to come meet you. No one else here really captures my interest, and I’d rather spend my time getting to know just you. Let’s go get a drink somewhere else.”

And do you know what she said? She said, “I’d love to.” And they left together.

This dominant man – this masculine outlaw – just rolls in and breaks the rules of this silly little dating game. All the other participants were left behind, without the opportunity to talk to either this beautiful woman or this self-assured man.

So here’s the question: Is what this guy did fair? Or is all fair in love and dating?

6 Comments:

Blogger Entropy4 said...

"All's fair in love and war."

My best friend told me that in 11th grade when he hooked up with the girl I had been crazy about for two years. Needless to say, it stuck with me.

Kudos to this man for taking charge.

April 02, 2009  
Blogger CRUZZER said...

All is fair...

No one held a gun to thier heads and said they had to be there...

April 02, 2009  
Anonymous Bradbury said...

I think it is absolutely fair. Survival of the fittest. I need to become more like this man.

April 02, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought that the best way to play speed-dating was not to enroll, but to be in the bar area before and/or after the gathering.

But this is much better and ballsier.

April 02, 2009  
Blogger Erika Awakening, TAPsmarter.com said...

Nice :-)

Nothing is sexier than a man who knows what he wants.

April 03, 2009  
Blogger *** ******** said...

and i've done the whole be at the bar while speed dating occurs move as well. it worked.

April 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home