Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Montreal: I Met an Angel Last Night

8/06/05

Here’s another fun email—-she titled it “I met an angel last night.” This stuff makes me smile. Hate to leave the city. I spent about twenty minutes with this girl and I gave her my email before she left. Very cute.

I was out opening by hitting people with a rolled up newspaper. I explained to this girl that my time was limited and it was my efficiency screen for meeting people that were fun and open and outgoing that I could easily connect with. If they smiled at me, I was in—time to see what they’re about. If they said “fuck off” or whatever, I knew not to waste my time. Anyway, this was fun. I got this girl to hit some guy on the head in passing (she explains in her email) and he turned and smiled at her. I’m out here having fun and enjoying life. It went nowhere in a sexual-sense, but I had some kind of effect on her. Check it out. Kinda hints at our potential as artists and men. Maybe you agree…

”Thanks for having been there tonight... I truly needed it...like a cold shower, like a wake-up call... You told me it's important to be honest... let's then do so...

When I left in bike, I was almost crying... not that I was so sad to leave you (sorry!!;-)) but simply 'cause you had helped me realize...you said the only thing that counts is present time, what you do now, how you enjoy life...or put simply... 'It’s not the destination, but the journey that counts'...

For a while, I have been feeling life as a whole and the way we as humans are living it is a pure joke... it is truly not real nor sincere... it is fake... We put emphasis on the wrong things... job, money, power...we forget to laugh too often...

When I decided to play a bit tonight and tapped a guy on the head as you taught me to do, I felt so ... alive...like a kid you know…it's stupid, it's just a little game... it's just teasing... but it's human communication through smiles... I loved it...

Have you ever noticed when you walk in a street in a big city (it's the case here in Montreal), every time you pass someone, you sort of look down... (Well maybe not YOU, cause your whole person is going against that) BUT I AM DOING IT OFTEN... I have never been doing it before...I started it about 2 years ago, when I moved in Montreal... (I'm coming from a smaller town, Québec, which I hope you will take the time to go and visit 'cause it's beautiful.)

Well this whole thing of not looking in people's eyes is really sucking my energy out... I know it is not normal, it's a type of protection or I don't know what... it's really not what I should be doing and I was in fact questioning that problem yesterday night...

Yesterday night, I asked that something comes to help me change my perception...

I went to the festival cause I wanted to walk alone and look at people and think... I like those lonely night sometimes... I was also going there hoping that I could share something too... I spoke to a couple of people... about simple things, 'a nice bracelet that you have there madam!' 'you want to win the car, here's the code that goes there'... 'oh thanks'... even those small pieces of conversations with strangers are good...

Then you arrive and at first, I'm thinking, well fine, another guy hunting...that's why I was quite cold...the more you talked, the more I listened, the more I realized, well, he has something to teach me...let's follow him for a while...

But there is something simple here in Québec that is part of our culture and that is that as a girl, you don't want to be hanging out with too many guys (even if simple friends) holding hands and chatting closely, when you have a boyfriend... so here's the reason why I said so many noooos...

But I know this wasn't the purpose of that encounter... I needed you to make me laugh and make me realize I needed my life to be way more light and easy... Maybe you do not believe that we all have a certain role in other people's lives... (Well I think you actually do...) but thanks for having played that role tonight. Sincerely…

On n'est jamais si bien servi que par soi-meme...alors si vous chercher le bonheur, n'attendez pas qu'il passe, créer-le!"