Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time is Slipping Away...

These days you have an extraordinary capacity to perform magic. And when I use that word "magic," I mean it in a very specific sense: Causing practical changes to occur in accordance with your most noble and beautiful desires. I'm not talking about the kind of "magic" that helps you gratify mediocre wishes or tawdry fantasies. I'm not saying you should go on an acquisitive binge as you gather up booty and bragging points. Rather I'm letting you know that you have the power to create inspiring transformations in the way your life works.

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show." So begins Charles Dickens' novel David Copperfield. I'd like to inspire you to write a story of your own that begins like that.

--Rob Brezsny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home