Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Great PUA Road-Trip

This very week I pulled some plugs, burned some bridges, and crushed all notions that I had of comfort, certainty, and security.

I just ended a sour three+ year relationship, quit a stale job, then boxed all my belonging and put them in storage.

So here I am loveless, jobless, and homeless. Some would also say “senseless,” but I’m thinking this is all part of the wisest decision I’ve ever made.

I’ve realized that I have not experienced nearly enough variety as far as women, travel, or work. Like many of you, I have not been sufficiently impressed nor realized my potential to simply “accept my lot.” I have no regrets, but I know I have the power to choose and a passion to go out and experience more and exercise that power. I have a lot of living to do.

I need change. I need adventure. I need simplicity. I have a sense of what I want to do and the man I want to become and I’m pursuing it, damn all ridicule. The risk of ridicule is the cost of clarity. I don’t expect clarity to come easily, or quickly, or cheaply. I’m ready and willing to sacrifice, work hard, and struggle.

Further, I’ve made the commitment to begin this journey in a very literal way. An uncomfortable and courageous way… I'm taking a ROAD-TRIP! I’m going to pay my dues, build my skills, and kick-start this transformation on the road.

Specifically, I have committed to attend Cliff’s Seduction Summit in Montreal in mid-July. I will be driving the entire route. THE TRIP STARTS NOW! I’m driving from Georgia to Montreal.

There's a chance for us to meet and share stories. Let’s have genuine conversation, not “interviews.” Here’s an opportunity for a microwave friendship—fast blasts of revelation and bonding. I’m humbled by people who have endured and those who radiate wisdom. I like people who dare to be honest with themselves.

Just look at a map, if you live north of Florida, on the coast, drop me a message at gonesavage@yahoo.com. Like anyone in GA, SC, NC, VA, DC, MD, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, PA, and NY. We’ll keep in touch and coordinate by phone as I move north.

I’m an ordinary person. I have no resources or traits that give me an uncommon advantage in pursuing a better life. I’m not famous. I’m not rich by any measures. I spent a couple years in the game before my long-term relationship, but I fully acknowledge that my skills could have become stronger. I spent a couple years at a miserable job, but spent the money before I realized what life was all about. No safety net. I’m messy and complicated. I’m real. The only thing special about me is that I decided to say, “Fuck it. Today is the day.”